As a homeowner, you always want to seek ways to increase your property value. And one efficient way to do this is by adding a garage to your home. A garage provides a safe place to park your car and adds valuable storage space which enhances your home’s curb appeal.
If you’re considering building a new garage addition from scratch, Empire Roofing and Restoration is here to help. We are a premium building and remodeling company offering exceptional results and a proven track record of over 29 years.
When it comes to building a new garage, there are a few factors experts suggest you consider before getting started:
- Assess your needs: The first step in building a garage is determining what you need and how you want to use it (like car parking or workshop). Consider the size of your vehicles or equipment stored in the garage and any additional space you may need for storage, work, or space for your pets.
- Determine your budget: Once you know what you need, it’s time to determine how much you can afford to spend. The garage addition cost varies widely depending on size, materials, and location.
- Obtain necessary permits: The garage addition plans will require a building permit and approval from the homeowners’ association. So, before starting construction, you must obtain permits from your local government. Your contractor can help you with this process.
- Hire a contractor: Hire a licensed and insured contractor with garage-building experience to construct your garage addition. Choosing an experienced contractor, like Empire Roofing and Restoration, can mean all the difference when building a long-lasting garage.
- Design the garage: Collaborate with your contractor to design and ensure your garage addition meets your requirements and complies with zoning laws and building codes.
- Prepare the site: Before construction can begin, the site must be prepared. This preparation includes clearing the land, grading the site, and pouring a foundation.
- Build the garage: With the site prepared, construction can begin. Your contractor will oversee the building process, ensuring the garage is built according to your specifications.
- Finish the garage: The interior and exterior must be finished once the garage structure is complete. This may include adding insulation, electrical wiring, plumbing, and painting or adding siding.
With construction complete, you can begin using your new garage addition! Whether it’s a place to park your car, store your tools, or work on your hobbies, your new garage will surely be a valuable addition to your home.
Benefits of Getting Started with Adding a Garage to House
Whether your home already has a garage or not, adding a detached garage has many benefits:
- Increase in Resale Value
Adding a garage to your home can increase its value and equity by adding a bonus room to your property. It can also make your home more appealing to potential buyers when you decide to sell in the future.
- Additional Storage
A garage provides space to park cars and an enclosed storage space for outdoor accessories such as tools, sheds, and project management equipment, which many homeowners need to store.
A garage can be a versatile space you can transform into a home gym, workshop, playroom, or quiet workspace. It’s ideal for work-from-home situations or peaceful hobby spaces.
- Equity Benefits
Because of rising housing costs, homeowners in Colorado are choosing to remodel their homes with free-standing home additions like garages rather than selling their current home and moving somewhere that has more garage space. This allows them to personalize their home in the way they want and increase their home equity without needing to maneuver the landscape of home selling and buying.
Expert Contractors for Building a Detached Garage
To build a detached garage, it’s crucial to seek the help of expert contractors. At Empire Roofing & Restoration, we have been serving Colorado Springs and surrounding areas for 30+ years, earning the trust of over 12,000 satisfied customers. We’re committed to providing building and remodeling services to meet your needs.
As a locally owned operation, we prioritize our clients and offer home improvement services, including roofing, home remodeling, and general contracting. We understand that choosing a contractor is overwhelming, but we are here to help with anything you need, from repairs to full-scale remodels, and our estimates are always free! Contact us today, and let’s collaborate on your detached garage project!